Visa is a world leader in digital payments, facilitating more than 215 billion payments transactions between consumers, merchants, financial institutions and government entities across more than 200 countries and territories each year. Our mission is to connect the world through the most innovative, convenient, reliable and secure payments network, enabling individuals, businesses and economies to thrive.
When you join Visa, you join a culture of purpose and belonging – where your growth is priority, your identity is embraced, and the work you do matters. We believe that economies that include everyone everywhere, uplift everyone everywhere. Your work will have a direct impact on billions of people around the world – helping unlock financial access to enable the future of money movement.
Join Visa: A Network Working for Everyone.
Visa’s Corporate IT (CIT) organization is adding a Staff Software Engineer – Full Stack developer in Austin to its People Technology team that will work across the portfolio and focus on HR Technology solutions.
Envision yourself as part of the team that is building the future of People Technology at Visa. We have a passion for architecting, designing, building and connecting software solutions for Talent Operations at Visa! Our portfolio includes SaaS and hosted packaged applications such as Workday, Cornerstone, ADP, SmartRecruiters, ServiceNow, and some homegrown solutions.
You will be empowered to innovate the next generation of our technology stack and will deliver with excellence! You will not take orders; you will create deep partnerships with our People Partners and champion proactive new ways that technology can advance the development of our employees. We believe in leading by example, ownership with high standards and being curiously creative. We are looking for an expert in software development, integration and engineering to help People Technology deliver best-in-class solutions to grow and inspire talent at Visa.
If this sounds exciting, we want to chat and tell you more about our work culture and environment and see if this will be a good fit for both of us.
- As a full stack developer, design, develop, document and implement new functionality, as well as identify & build improvements, modifications, and corrections to existing software.
- Take a hands-on role in influencing and guiding day-to-day development activities by leading architecture decisions, participating in designs, design review, code review, and implementation.
- Leads and/or supports both product and technical discussions about how to apply existing and/or new technology to redefine Talent Operations.
- Build design documents, code, unit/functional test.
- Find opportunities for further improvements and refinements to standards, processes and systems.
- Define technical strategy, NFR strategy and apply architecture principles
- Develop code that aligns with design specifications and meets security and standard coding quality processes. Coding must adhere to all standards for security & quality, be easily maintainable and have high system performance.
- Provide technical leadership to rest of the team members. Mentor & guide junior team member.
This is a hybrid position. Hybrid employees can alternate time between both remote and office. Employees in hybrid roles are expected to work from the office two days a week, Tuesdays and Wednesdays with a general guidepost of being in the office 50% of the time based on business need
- 5 or more years of relevant work experience with a Bachelors Degree or at least 2 years of work experience with an Advanced degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or 0 years of work experience with a PhD
- Experience with the Microsoft .Net core, C# coding and the Visual Studio IDE and TFS
- Experience in Microsoft SQL Server and TSQL
- Experience with building user interface using HTML, CSS, Angular Framework
- 6 or more years of work experience with a Bachelors Degree or 4 or more years of relevant experience with an Advanced Degree (e.g. Masters, MBA, JD, MD) or up to 3 years of relevant experience with a PhD
- Proven experience in eliciting and elaborating business requirements, drafting system design specifications, and developing technical solutions
- Strong follow-through, ability to drive to closure and resolution of complex system issues. Excellent problem identification, analysis and solving skills
- Shown ability to absorb, analyze, and understand new information, technologies, and practices quickly
- Exceptional communication and customer facing skills, able to interact effectively with diverse groups of global partners, both technical and business users. Active listener, relationship builder, great teammate
- Experience working in Agile environment
- Experience with incorporating continuous integration and continuous delivery, applying technologies such as GIT, Azure DevOps
Visa has adopted a COVID-19 vaccination policy to safeguard the health and well-being of our employees and visitors. As a condition of employment, all employees based in the U.S. are required to be fully vaccinated for COVID-19, unless a reasonable accommodation is approved or as otherwise required by law.
Work Hours: Varies upon the needs of the department.
Travel Requirements: This position requires travel 5-10% of the time.
Mental/Physical Requirements: This position will be performed in an office setting. The position will require the incumbent to sit and stand at a desk, communicate in person and by telephone, frequently operate standard office equipment, such as telephones and computers.
Visa is an EEO Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability or protected veteran status. Visa will also consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with EEOC guidelines and applicable local law.
Visa will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with applicable local law, including the requirements of Article 49 of the San Francisco Police Code.
- Category : Engineering-Architect.
- Salary : $1.00
- Company Name : Visa