oin AT&T and reimagine the communications and technologies that connect the world. Our Consumer Technology eXperience team is delivering innovative and reliable technology solutions to power differentiated, simplified customer experiences. Bring your bold ideas and fearless risk-taking to redefine connectivity and transform how the world shares stories and experiences that matter. When you step into a career with AT&T, you won’t just imagine the future-you’ll create it.
About the Team
The Customer Domain team at AT&T is responsible for providing a seamless omnichannel experience to our customers during registration and profile management. This team also owns other data pipelines and data stores that manager key customer information that is leveraged by all AT&T systems.
About the Job
AT&T Strategic Platforms team is looking for a Principal Quality Assurance who is passionate about the eCommerce industry and has analytical and multi-task abilities to thrive in a fast-paced environment. As a Senior Test Engineer, you will be responsible for the performance of any/all functions involved in the quality assurance and test execution for new and existing applications and interfaces. You will play a lead role in planning, implementing, and executing all aspects of Quality and Testing. You must be a hands-on QA expertise with the ability to take initiative, develop and evolve our QA processes. You must have strong technical background to determine what to test, the priority of those tests and the best way to test. You must have experience leading testing effort for large cross-organizational software development projects and effectively communicating to all levels of leadership overall test plan, current status, issues & risks.
Responsibilities and Day-to-Day View
- Oversee quality assurance processes for all products, working closely with staff to define the optimal solution for each issue that may arise and implement in-house quality procedures, standards and specifications.
- Provide regular direction, mentoring, and coaching to QA team members, ensuring the success of the team’s efforts.
- Using testing techniques, design, develop, analyze test plans and strategies, write and execute test cases, and troubleshoot defects for applications.
- Develops automation strategies that will enhance test execution, manual test coverage and the consistency of regression testing.
- Determine integrated testing solutions that include cross dependencies between organizations and programs.
- Collaborates with Program Managers, Dev leads, Architects to identifying test scenarios for large programs.
- Develop data and environment strategies utilizing architectural skills and methodology to meet performance, usability, scalability, reliability and security needs.
- Report defects and follow up on their closure.
- Analyze test results, report test metrics, prepare and present test reports.
- Communicate progress proactively and regularly – using various tools and strategies (governance calls, stand-up calls, formal jeopardies, escalations, daily/weekly progress reports, defect metrics collections).
- Coordinate with teams involving all phases of the Software Development Life Cycle and facilitate certification for production deployment
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field preferred.
- 5-8+ years of experience in in the software quality field including prior hands-on quality engineering experience.
- 2-4 years of experience in leading and managing QA resources
- Understanding of multi-tier web application architecture and micro-service technologies.
- Working knowledge of database, ability to write basic sql/nosql queries.
- Experience in writing automation scripts using Java, TestNG, Selenium
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills, including requirements analysis and basic application architecture knowledge.
- Familiarity with entire software development life cycle and test cycles (Unit, Regression, Functional, Systems, Performance and Volume, User Acceptance).
- Detailed and effective written communication skills for documenting the features tested and bugs found.
- Highly organized, detail oriented, extremely responsive and able to prioritize multiple tasks.
- Self-motivated, works well independently and with others.
Our Senior-Software Engineer earn between $128,400 – $192,600. Not to mention all the other amazing rewards that working at AT&T offers. Individual starting salary within this range may depend on geography, experience, expertise, and education/training.
Joining our team comes with amazing perks and benefits:
· Medical/Dental/Vision coverage
· 401(k) plan
· Tuition reimbursement program
· Paid Time Off and Holidays (based on date of hire, at least 23 days of vacation each year and 9 company-designated holidays)
· Paid Parental Leave
· Paid Caregiver Leave
· Additional sick leave beyond what state and local law require may be available but is unprotected
· Adoption Reimbursement
· Disability Benefits (short term and long term)
· Life and Accidental Death Insurance
· Supplemental benefit programs: critical illness/accident hospital indemnity/group legal
· Employee Assistance Programs (EAP)
· Extensive employee wellness programs
· Employee discounts up to 50% off on eligible AT&T mobility plans and accessories, AT&T internet (and fiber where available) and AT&T phone
- Category : Information Technology & Telecom
- Salary : $128,400-192,600 per year
- Company Name : AT&T