This is a full-time position.
Are you an experienced and talented Senior Engineer looking to join a growing team? Dispel is seeking a Senior Engineer to join our team of 18 engineers.
In this role, you will be responsible for designing, implementing, and maintaining APIs that support a wide range of applications and services. At Dispel, we value a collaborative and helpful culture, so strong communication and collaboration skills are a must.
The ideal candidate for this position will have experience writing APIs in a variety of languages, including Python and Node.js. You should be comfortable working independently as well as collaborating with other team members to deliver high-quality solutions.
We are a 100% fully remote company (U.S. only). You are welcome to use our office in Brooklyn, New York City. We also plan at some point to open an office in Austin, Texas, where the majority of our engineering team is located.
Python3, FastAPI, Node, Express, REST, Jest, Testing-Library, Cypress, Docker, PostgreSQL, Redis, Heroku, Azure, AWS
- Design and implement APIs that are scalable, maintainable, and performant.
- Collaborate with other team members to integrate APIs with other applications and services.
- Write documentation and provide support for API users.
- Troubleshoot and debug API issues.
- Stay up-to-date with industry trends and best practices in API development.
- 5+ years of experience as a software engineer
- Strong experience writing APIs in Python and Node.js
- Experience writing shell scripts
- Familiarity with RESTful API design principles and best practices
- Experience with unit testing and continuous integration\
- Basic understanding of VPNs is a plus
- Familiarity with docker is a plus
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
Good Personal Traits
- A willingness to accept failure and feedback, learn and try again.
- A passion for learning new disciplines and gaining a deep understanding of how others on the team do their work.
- An ability to communicate clearly and succinctly both in-person and over team chat.
- Health Care Plan (Medical, Dental & Vision)
- Retirement Plan (401k w/ Company Match)
- Unlimited PTO – yes, really unlimited! (Vacation, Sick & Public Holidays)
- Parental Leave
- Short Term & Long Term Disability
- Life Insurance (Basic, Voluntary & AD&D)
- Professional Training & Development
- 100% Fully Remote (U.S. only)
- Stock Option Plan
Dispel values diversity and is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity. Dispel will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin, ancestry, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, marital status, or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state, or local law.
- Proof of eligibility to work in the United States is required. (Usually a US Passport but there are other ways)
- Category : Information Technology & Telecom
- Salary : $130,000-160,000 per year
- Company Name : Dispel
- Remote Job? : Yes