This is an opening for a highly motivated nurse to be part of a productive research team. Familiarity with medical conditions particularly diabetes is desirable. Training in phlebotomy and processing of biologic specimens. Good interpersonal and communication skills. Good organization skills. Research coordination experience is desirable. The ideal candidate will be available to work flexible hours including Saturday hours once or twice per month Should also be able to function independently.
- Performs responsibilities in a manner that promotes quality and safe patient care and customer service.
- Adheres to the scope of practices as defined by the Texas Nurse Practice Act.
- Recruits, screens, enrolls and evaluate patients that participate in a research study.
- Coordination of research activities for a Pediatric Clinical Research Unit including performance of metabolic studies and clinical trials.
- Schedules study visits and meetings related to studies.
- Collects study specimens and check subjects’ vital signs.
- Administers study medications.
- Follows subjects’ progress and advises the Principal Investigator.
- Maintains patient charts and medical records.
- Ensures the clinical studies are conducted in accordance with guidelines of the FDA and other regulatory agencies.
- Educates patients in significant aspects of study.
- Serves as a liaison and distributes research information to faculty, research staff, principle investigator, and others as required.
- May assist in developing the clinical trial agreement.
- Performs other job-related duties as assigned.
- Maintains clean and safe work environment.
- Stocks and orders supplies.
- Provides training and guidance to research nurses and other research personnel and serves as a resource to staff.
- Associate’s Degree or Bachelor’s Degree in Nursing.
- Two years of relevant experience as a licensed Registered Nurse (RN).
- Current license as a Registered Nurse (RN) by the State of Texas Board of Nursing.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) Certification.
Baylor College of Medicine requires employees to be fully vaccinated -subject to approved exemptions-against vaccine-preventable diseases including, but not limited to, COVID-19 and influenza.
Baylor College of Medicine is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action/Equal Access Employer.
- Category : Medical & Healthcare
- Company Name : Baylor College of Medicine
- Salary : $15,788-27,784 per year