The Research Nurse Coordinator will oversee daily clinic operations and ensure that all protocols are implemented accurately and efficiently for this federally funded, longitudinal cohort study of women aging with and at risk for HIV infection.
Job Duties and Responsibilities
- Oversee clinic flow and staff efforts in collecting research data, scheduling/re-scheduling, referrals, and other research activities according to protocol and as outlined by institutional and local policies and procedures.
- Help coordinate research visits by maintaining a thorough working knowledge of protocols and the Manual of Operations (MOO).
- Assist in training and supervising a small research team (2-4 research assistants)
- Assist with enrollment into primary and ancillary sub studies
- Assist with select clinical protocols; assessments may involve noninvasive instrumentation.
- Coordinate collection and processing of clinical samples.
- Follow established and updated Good Clinical Research Practice (GCP) guidelines as well as institutional and local policies and procedures; this includes required training and certifications.
- Initiate and respond to oral and written communications with research participants and research team members to ensure smooth operations of research protocols and findings.
- MPH or RN (licensed in Illinois) preferred, candidates who do not have a MPH or RN degree but have a similar degree and experience will be considered.
- Proficiency with MS Office (Word, Excel, OneDrive, SharePoint, Outlook) and ability to comfortably work with a Cloud based system
- Prior work in a healthcare, community public health, or clinical research setting with knowledge of HIV/AIDS and ability to communicate comfortably about potentially sensitive topics such as sexual behavior, substance use, mental health and other health status.
- Detail oriented with good organizational skills
- Ability to problem solve and work independently as well as part of a team
- Good written and verbal communication skills especially as it relates to data documentation and interactions with research participants
- Desire to expand knowledge in all aspects of the research program
- Phlebotomy and lab processing experience a plus but not required
- Category : Medical & Healthcare
- Salary : $1.00
- Company Name : Hektoen Institute of Medicine