Performs routine nursing work, providing for the care and treatment of agency consumers, including administration of medications, coordinates telepsych services, patient staff and family education, nursing assessments, nursing instruction, monitoring of pill packs, counseling, provision of rehabilitative training with use of mental health recovery principles, supervising consumers in meeting health needs and participation in development and implementation of consumers’ individual plan of care. Provides nursing continuity of care for transitioning clients.
Knowledge, Skills, and Essential Functions
- Knowledge and interpersonal skills to enhance provision of Nursing services to an adult mental health population. General knowledge of mental illness, whole health, resiliency and mental health recovery principles, rehabilitative skills training methods and knowledge of community resources.
- Ability to conduct interviews and report results of the interviews.
- Ability to work cooperatively and effectively with other professional groups, businesses, employment agencies etc. Ability to communicate effectively in both oral and written formats of communication.
- Excellent written communication and computer skills for inputting clinical documentation
- Excellent verbal communication with clients, staff, and community providers
- Time management and organizational skills
- Travel about 50% regional travel
- Stooping, bending, sitting, standing, and keyboarding for prolonged periods, lifting up to 30 lbs.
- Ability to be CPR and PMAB certified
- Valid driver’s license, liability insurance, and reliable transportation required
Education and Experience
- Current and unencumbered licensure as a Registered Nurse in the state of Texas
- 2 years nursing experience as RN in a recognized health care facility Preferred
- two (2) years of work experience as an RN in a recognized health agency, hospital, or health care facility Preferred
- Experience in psychiatric nursing Preferred
Hours: M-F 8AM-5PM
Salary: $47,160 annually/$22.6731 hourly
Heart of Texas Behavioral Health Network strives to offer competitive compensation and a comprehensive benefits package that includes:
Employer paid Health Insurance
Employer paid Dental Insurance
Employer paid Life Insurance
Payroll Direct Deposit
12 paid Holidays per year
Generous Paid Time Off (PTO)
Excellent 401-K Retirement Plan (Center will contribute 12% of employee earnings) **Certain Requirement Needed**
Location: 2010 LaSalle, Suite C, Waco, Texas
Key words: Registered nurse, psychiatric nurse, geriatric nurse, RN
Department: 2010 LaSalle Suite C Waco
This is a full time position
- Category : Medical & Healthcare
- Company Name : Heart of Texas Region Mental Health Mental Retardation
- Salary : $47,160 per year