Applications Accepted From: ALL PERSONS INTERESTED
Division: Human Services
Section: Area Agency on Aging
Location: 8000 N Stadium
Workdays & Hours: Mon.-Fri 8:00-5:00PM*
*Subject to change*
DESCRIPTION OF DUTIES/ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS
- Coordinates the health care activities of nursing teams, including staff assignments and work schedules.
- Provides direct patient care and public health consultations.
- Interviews and counsels patients regarding good public health practices; makes referrals to
other agencies when necessary.
- Maintains and reviews records of referrals
- Participates in the orientation, training and guidance of new employees and nursing students.
- Assists in planning and coordinating public health care/nursing services within health
centers or community settings.
- Ensures follow-up of patients with unsatisfactory or abnormal laboratory reports.
- Prepares and submits required reports and maintains clinical supplies in work area. Perform quality assurance activities. May be required to make home visits to patient’s home or worksite.
- Verifies, reviews, and enters patient medical history and records on patients’ diseases,
operations, immunizations, assessment, treatment and other pertinent information in the
electronic health record and databases.
- This position is physically comfortable; the individual has discretion about walking, standing, etc.
Requires graduation from an accredited school of nursing. A Bachelor of Science degree in nursing is preferred.
Four (4) years of nursing practice or experience as a medical professional in a clinic or hospital setting are required.
A Master of Science degree in Nursing, a license to practice as a registered nurse in the State of Texas, in addition to (1) one year of nursing experience, may be substituted for the experience requirement.
Must be licensed to practice as a registered nurse (RN) in the State of Texas. CPR certification is required. RN License and CPR certification must be maintained and current for continued employment.
**Preference shall be given to eligible veteran applicants provided such persons possess the qualifications necessary for competent discharge of the duties involved in the position applied for, such persons are among the most qualified candidates for the position, and all other factors in accordance with Executive Order 1-6.**
SELECTION/SKILLS TESTS REQUIRED
SAFETY IMPACT POSITION: Yes
If yes, this position is subject to random drug testing, and if the candidate is promoted into this position, he/she must pass an assigned drug test.
SALARY INFORMATION GRANT FUNDED POSITION
Grants & Special Funded positions are dependent upon continued available funds. If funding is no longer available, employee may be laid off or transferred. Factors used in determining the salary offered include the candidate’s qualifications as well as the pay rates of other employees in this classification.***
Pay Grade 22
Only online applications will be accepted for this City of Houston job and must be received by the Human Resources Department during the active posting period. Applications must be submitted online at: .
To view your detailed application status, please log in to your online profile by visiting: or call 832-393-4882.
If you need special services or accommodations, 832-393-4882 (TTY 7-1-1).
If you need login assistance or technical support, call 855-524-5627.
Due to the high volume of applications received, the Hiring Department will contact you directly should you be selected to advance in our recruitment process.
All new and rehires must pass a pre-employment drug test and are subject to a physical examination and verification of information provided.
EOE Equal Opportunity Employer
The City of Houston is committed to recruiting and retaining a diverse workforce and providing a work environment that is free from discrimination and harassment based upon any legally protected status or protected characteristic, including but not limited to an individual’s sex, race, color, ethnicity, national origin, age, religion, disability, sexual orientation, genetic information, veteran status, gender identity, or pregnancy.
The city offers a competitive benefits program, including competitively priced health coverage and a defined contribution pension plan.
- Life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Retirement pension
- 457 deferred compensation plan
- Employee Assistance Program
- 10 days of vacation each year
- 10 city holidays, plus one floating holiday
- Flexible schedules
- Professional development opportunities
- Transportation/parking plan
- Section 125 pretax deductions
- Dependent Care Reimbursement Plan
- Healthcare Flexible Spending Account
- Category : Medical & Healthcare
- Company Name : City of Houston
- Salary : $54,834-90,514 per year