Columbus Technical College seeks an individual to serve as an Adjunct Instructor in the Medical Coding program. This individual will be responsible for online, hybrid, and on-campus course instruction. This position will also require evaluating student progress in attaining goals and objectives. Additional Duties include maintaining program certification requirements, preparing and maintaining all required documentation and administrative reports, attending advisory committee meetings, and completing mandatory staff development training annually. This position is part-time/exempt.
- Instruct Medical Coding program students
- Follow state standards in developing the program and course outlines, goals, and objectives
- Request and maintain supplies and equipment
- Develop teaching methods and maintain management procedures and documentation
- Meet with students, staff members, and other educators to discuss students’ instructional programs and other issues impacting the progress of the students
- Ensure safety and security requirements are met in the training areas
- Respond promptly to administrative requests
- Assist with recruitment, retention, and job placement efforts
- General computer knowledge (Microsoft Word, Excel)
- Involvement in professional activities/organizations
- Other job-related duties as assigned
- Must have current certification as a Certified Professional Coder (CPC), Certified Coding Specialist (CCS), Certified Medical Coder (CMC), Registered Health Information Administrator (RHIA), Registered Health Information Technician (RHIT), OR demonstrate knowledge equivalent to one of the medical coding certifications.
- Must have two (2) or more years of work experience within the last five (5) years in medical coding, Health Information Technology, or related field.
- Proficient with current applications in computer technology
- Strong time management and organization skills
- Effective written and oral communication
- Keen observation, supervision, and evaluation skills
- Teaching experience in post-secondary education
- Salary is commensurate with education and experience.
- Position available until filled. Applicants must submit a Columbus Technical College employment application online and upload a cover letter, resume and copy of transcript(s) at time of application (Incomplete submissions will not be considered). **Please note: All references will be checked prior to employment offer. **Post offer requirements will include a criminal background check and motor vehicle records check.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its constituent Technical Colleges do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, national or ethnic origin, gender, religion, disability, age, political affiliation or belief, genetic information, disabled veteran, veteran of the Vietnam Era, spouse of military member or citizenship status (except in those special circumstances permitted or mandated by law). This nondiscrimination policy encompasses the operation of all technical college-administered programs, programs financed by the federal government including any Workforce Investment Act of 1998 (WIA) Title I financed programs, educational programs and activities, including admissions, scholarships and loans, student life, and athletics. It also encompasses the recruitment and employment of personnel and contracting for goods and services.
The Technical College System of Georgia and its colleges shall promote the realization of equal opportunity through a positive continuing program of specific practices. The following persons have been designated to handle inquiries regarding the nondiscrimination policies for Columbus Technical College: Henry Gross, Title IX Coordinator, at 706.649.1883 and Olive Vidal-Kendall, Section 504 Coordinator, at 706.649.1442.
- Category : Medical & Healthcare
- Salary : $1.00
- Company Name : Columbus Technical College