Desk/Care Coordination LPN
New York Cancer and Blood Specialists (NYCBS)
New York Cancer & Blood Specialists (NCYBS), a prominent and respected Oncology/Hematology group, is seeking a Desk/Care Coordination LPN to join a well-established and growing pure sub-specialty practice with academic affiliation. Clinics from Southampton to NYC. Practice manages a freestanding outpatient 7-day per week Cancer Center with extensive chemotherapy administration, Radiation Oncology, Pharmacy and Research department.
In this role, you will:
- Follow all New York Cancer and Blood Specialists policies and procedures.
- Update and maintain all electronic patient records and assist in transitioning hard copy records to digital format
- Record patient information such as vital signs, weight and changes in medical history prior to each appointment
- Clean and prepare examination rooms prior to patient appointments
- Work in the front office taking care of tasks such as answering phone calls and greeting patients as they enter the facility
- Assist in maintaining the medical inventory and placing orders for new materials as needed
- Measure and records vital signs
- Record patient interview, history, and chief complaint
- Provide patient education with regards to medications, management of diseased, home treatments and special diets
- Prepare patients for examinations and performs routine screening tests
- Assist physician with exams
- Phlebotomy and collection of other lab specimens
- Perform basic lab tests
- Perform EKGs
- Administer and document medication under a physician’s order and follows the five (5) medication rights and reduces the potential for medical error
- Current NYS LPN license required.
- Basic Life Support (BLS) certification is required.
- Previous experience in a lead role or demonstrated potential to act in a lead capacity.
- Must demonstrate consistent professional conduct and meticulous attention to detail.
- Must possess excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as excellent interpersonal skills with patients, staff, and other health care professionals.
- Proficiency in ONCOemr.
- Travel to any of the NYCBS locations
Salary up to $28 per hour.
Benefits including Tuition Reimbursement, Health Insurance on day 1 of employment, Dental, Vision, Life Insurance, Short and Long term disability, 401k Plan, generous PTO time, 8 paid holidays (2 floating) and more.
LPN: please email resumes to our corporate headquarters:
Robert Nicoletti – Chief Human Resources Officer
New York Cancer & Blood Specialists
1500 Route 112
Human Resources Department
Port Jefferson Station, NY 11776
Visit our website at: nycancer.com and follow us on Facebook.
New York Cancer and Blood Specialists is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Category : Medical & Healthcare
- Salary : $1.00
- Company Name : New York Cancer & Blood Specialists