As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be responsible for leading an engineering team involved in several products for various platforms and services. This is a technical leadership role responsible for assisting in any technical capacity within the team to unblock and enable engineers and QA personnel. This person defines, documents, and evolves best practices for development in their team’s area of focus; shepherds and aids in development of new projects across the organization; provides training and mentoring for multiple team members; constantly works to broaden the technical capabilities of their team. This experienced engineer should be a great culture fit who is passionate about the team members’ success and the technology that drives our products. Openness and vulnerability is a must-have.
Key Responsibilities & Objectives
- This person is the technical leader on their team.
- Execute the plans set forth by the technology leadership team in a technical capacity.
- Sets standards and procedures for the team to follow.
- Research new technology and best solutions for each problem.
- Collaborate closely with other teams including Marketing, FInance, BizDev, and Operations.
- Support and troubleshooting issues with existing code, including incident response.
- Assist heavily in product releases, revisions, patches and code reviews.
- Make decisions backed up by usage data and reporting tools.
- Keep products up to date with new technology, contemporary standards, and best practices.
- Understands and improves all code bases currently under development.
- Understands the overlap between application development and cloud operations.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Familiarity with scripting languages (e.g. Typescript, NodeJS, Bash, PHP) is a requirement
- Superb verbal and electronic communication skills.
- A bias towards action, and a leader by example.
- Frontend and Backend Web Development Technologies.
- Previous experience in a leader engineer role.
- Understanding of web services technologies such as HTTP, WSDL, XSD, and REST.
- Security principles and architecture
- Experience with Cloud Operations and DevOps – prefer AWS.
- Experience with PHP, React, Typescript, NodeJS, MySQL
- Health Insurance (medical, dental, vision)
- Competitive Base Salary + Uncapped Commission
- 4% 401K Match
- Conference & Continuing Education Coverage
- Team Building Events/Opportunities
- Downtown Parking
- Performance & Incentive Bonuses
- Unlimited PTO
- Free snacks!
Stax is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics.
- Category : Information Technology & Telecom
- Salary : $100,000-175,000 per year
- Company Name : Stax