As a Small Format Team Member, no two days are ever the same, but a typical day will most likely include the following responsibilities:
- Create a welcoming experience by authentically greeting all guests
- Observe to quickly understand whether a guest needs assistance or wants to interact. Follow body language and verbal cues to tailor your approach.
- Engage with guests in a genuine way, which includes asking questions to better understand their specific needs.
- Be knowledgeable about the tools, products, and services available in the total store, and specific to your area, to solve issues for the guest and improve their experience.
- Thank the guest in a genuine way and let them know we’re happy they chose to shop at Target.
- Help guests as you complete workload with minimal guest disruption
- Work in all departments to ensure sales floor is full, zoned and in stock for guests
- Push and stock product to sales floor
- Execute adjacency changes, transitions, revisions and sales plans for all departments
- Conduct weekly price change workload and ensure regular and promotional signing is set accurately for all departments
- Complete scans and system audit functions to ensure inventory accuracy
- Support execution of major transitions and ISM
- Maintain interior and exterior brand, including emptying garbage cans and attending to restroom cleanliness, collecting carts, charging electronic carts, RVM maintenance (if applicable) and attending to spills throughout the store as needed.
- Accurately execute all pulls (i.e., daily Fills, out of stock, manual and guest requests) and backstock product from all departments
- Process all inbound deliveries (using the receive application) to ensure inventory accuracy
- Complete all backroom daily and weekly audits
- Operate power equipment only if certified
- Maintain backroom organization and location accuracy and follow equipment guidelines
- Follow processes accurately with attention to detail, monitor own progress and accurately prioritize tasks
- Demonstrate a culture of ethical conduct, safety and compliance
- Support guest services such as back-up cashier, order pick up (OPU) and Drive-up (DU) and maintain a compliance culture while executing those duties, such as compliance with federal, state, and local adult beverage laws
- All other duties based on business needs
WHAT WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We might be a great match if:
- Working in a fun and energetic environment makes you excited…. We work efficiently and as a team to deliver for our guests
- Providing service to our guests that makes them say I LOVE TARGET! excites you…. That’s why we love working at Target
- Stocking, Setting and Selling Target products sounds like your thing… That’s the core of what we do
- You aren’t looking for Monday thru Friday job where you are at a computer all day… We are busy all day (especially on the weekends), making it easy for the guest to feel welcomed, inspired and rewarded
The good news is that we have some amazing training that will help teach you everything you need to know to be a Small Format Team Member. But, there are a few skills you should have from the get-go:
- Welcoming and helpful attitude toward guests and other team members
- Learn and adapt to current technology needs
- Work both independently and with a team
- Resolve guest questions quickly on the spot
- Attention to detail and follow a multi-step process
We are an awesome place to work and care about our teams, so we want to make sure we are clear on a few more basics that we expect:
- Accurately handle cash register operations
- Climb up and down ladders
- Scan, handle and move merchandise efficiently and safely, including frequently lifting or moving merchandise up to 40 pounds
- Flexible work schedule (e.g., nights, weekends and holidays) and regular attendance necessary.
- Category : Customer Service
- Salary : $17.75
- Company Name : Target Careers
- Remote Job? : No