Family owned and operated (in business 50 years!), Hellas is a local favorite and must go to for tourists! We are located right on the beautiful Sponge Docks. We are wanting to add an Executive Chef that has previous experience in a high volume restaurant.
This is a working Exec Chef position, meaning that the ideal candidate will participate in ensuring quality dishes and continually motivating staff.
Apply online at www.hellasbakery.com or in person:
Hellas Restaurant and Bakery
785 Dodecanese Blvd
Tarpon Springs, FL 34689
- Health insurance with a large employer contribution (FT)
- Company paid $15,000 life insurance policy with buy up available (FT)
- Vision, dental, life and accident insurance also available
- Pet insurance and Pet discount programs (FT and PT)
- Health reward program included with the medical
- Financial Fitness program to help you stay on top of your financial goals
- Employee Assistance program to help with work and life issues
- Great staff!
- Team oriented
Summary: Oversees product quality, cleanliness and profitability of all food production for all food outlets and Manages kitchen staff. Does Purchasing, Inventory and Controls food costs.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities Include the following:
Other duties may be assigned.
- Coordinates and oversees work of kitchen staff and food production
- Directs preparation of meals
- Ensures consistency, quality and correct presentation
- Schedules kitchen staff employees
- Responsible for overseeing that correct food items are purchased and received and maintaining product specs
- Responsible for monthly inventory
- Plans and develops menus
- Ensures standard recipes are followed
- Responsible for ensuring all sanitation and safety guidelines are followed in the kitchen
- Coordinates with sales staff and banquet manager or catering director on production for catered functions
- Responsible for effective cost control management
- Maintains a cleaning schedule for all major kitchen equipment on a monthly basis utilizing dish room employees
- Keeps others informed on all information pertaining to receiving, par stocks and pricing
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment with demonstrated ability to juggle multiple competing tasks and demands.
- Ability to plan work schedules and assign duties; ability to provide or arrange for training.
- Knowledge of supplies, equipment, and/or services ordering and inventory control.
- Ability to plan a variety of menus.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Ability to coordinate quality assurance programs in area of specialty.
- Organizing and coordinating skills
- Ability to develop and test recipes and/or techniques for food preparation/presentation.
- Skill in cooking and preparing a variety of foods
Education and/or Experience
- BA/BS or AS in Hotel/Restaurant Management and/or Culinary Arts preferred
- Previous kitchen related experience, knowledge of food and beverage operations
- Good communication skills both verbal and written
- Able to communicate with coworkers, wait staff and management
- The noise level in the work environment is high
- The environment is generally hot
- Must possess the ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out detailed but uninvolved written or oral instructions.
- Must be able to work independently as well as in a team environment
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the function is mostly standing for long periods of time. The employee must be able to regularly walk, and use hands and fingers to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee is frequently is required to talk or hear. The employee is occasionally required to reach with hands and arms and stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, peripheral vision, and the ability to adjust focus.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employee(s) will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments
- Category : Restaurant-Food Services
- Company Name : Hella's Restaurant & Bakery
- Remote Job? : No