Note: This position will require travel. Most trips will be scheduled in advance. However, in some cases when there is a need to support a customer quickly, some travel could involve the next flight out.
Salary: $115,000 – $130,000 / year
Hours: M-F, 7:00AM – 4:30PM
Experience: Minimum 5 years of Software Development experience.
The role of the Senior Software Developer is to provide concepts, design, development, debugging, and support on software systems for complex equipment in automated factory settings for direct to the consumer distribution centers, and mail order and central fill pharmacies.
We are looking for someone to help support our new back-end workflow software for mail order and central fill pharmacies. For this position, you will need to have extensive background in C# and Windows Presentation Foundation. In addition, you will work on and support machine HMIs for automated packaging and dispensing equipment and print and apply conveyor lines.
The Software Developer will work in a LEAN team environment with other like-minded individuals to meet the needs of each customer. They will be responsible for meeting the project requirements and schedule and will report to the Director of Software Engineering.
The Software Developer is expected to be self-motivated and initiative-taking with the ability to follow instructions (written and verbal) without extensive supervision. They will need a strong understanding of basic programming and modern software concepts as well as troubleshooting and customer relationship building skills.
The Software Developer’s primary responsibilities will include writing code, modifying existing code to resolve issues, creating code for new hardware, improving overall performance, and working to create the best experience for our customers.
Senior Software Developer Responsibilities:
- Work separately or within a team environment to meet Project deadlines under or on time.
- Modify software to fix bugs, adapt it to new hardware, improve its performance, and/or upgrade interfaces.
- Troubleshoot software issues and solve for success.
- System testing and validation procedures.
- Software programming and documentation development.
- Consult with departments or customers on proposals and project status.
- Collaborate with customers or departments on technical issues including software system design and maintenance.
- Analyze information to recommend and plan the installation of new systems or modifications of an existing system.
- Consult with engineering staff to evaluate software-hardware interfaces and develop specifications and performance requirements.
- Design and develop software systems using scientific analysis and mathematical models to predict and measure outcomes and design consequences.
- Prepare reports on programming project specifications, activities, or status.
- Confer with project managers to obtain information on limitations or capabilities.
- Create and present training materials.
- Support software implementations in the field at our customer sites for various amounts of time depending on the project.
- May be assigned to other duties on a temporary basis for the purpose of increasing personal competence, helping other division personnel or training, and assisting less experienced personnel.
Senior Software Developer Requirements:
- A.S. or B.S. degree from an accredited college or university (preferably in Engineering or Computer Science); 5 – 10 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Working knowledge of the software development life cycle.
- Desire to work in a LEAN environment.
- Experience working on a variety of software projects.
- Strong programming skills using Object-Oriented Language.
- C#, C++, and Windows Presentation Foundation is required.
- Ability to manage/lead in situations with customers, team members, and contractors with composure.
- Good oral and written English communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office (Excel, Word, and PowerPoint).
- Strong time management and organization skills.
- Must have a valid Driver’s License and have a valid passport or eligible to get one.
- While performing duties of this job, the individual would occasionally be required to stand, walk, sit, reach with hands and arms, climb or balance, stoop or kneel, talk, and hear, and use fingers and hands to feel objects, tools, or controls.
- Able to sit for extended periods on airplane or in an auto to reach job destinations.
- Able to use a computer and sit for extended periods of time while doing so.
- Category : Others
- Salary : $115,000 - $130,000 / year
- Company Name : Pride Staff
- Remote Job? : No