If you find science, speed, and success exhilarating, you have come to the right place.
Novavax, Inc (Nasdaq:NVAX) is a biotechnology company that creates transformational vaccines that address some of the world’s most pressing infectious diseases. We have more than a decade of experience contending with some of the world’s most devastating diseases, including COVID-19, seasonal influenza, RSV, Ebola, MERS, and SARS. Hard-won lessons and significant advances illustrate that our proven technology has tremendous potential to make a substantial contribution to public health worldwide.
Our scientists are committed to developing vaccine candidates for some of the world’s toughest viral threats by utilizing the power of our innovative recombinant nanoparticle vaccine platform. Our vaccine technology combines the power and speed of genetic engineering with the immunogenicity enhancing properties of our Matrix-M™ adjuvant to efficiently produce highly immunogenic particles targeting some of the most pressing viral infectious diseases.
Novavax, Inc. is headquartered in Gaithersburg, Maryland with additional facilities in Uppsala, Sweden and Bohumil, Czech Republic.
Summary of the Position:
Novavax is currently seeking a Lead Medical Coding Specialist to join our Clinical Safety Statistics group to be located in Gaithersburg, MD or to be remote. The successful candidate will lead medical coding and related activities in Phase 1 to 4 clinical trials for aggregate, program-level safety assessments. This position will report to the Senior Director, Safety Statistics in Global Vaccine Safety. We will partner together with clinical safety professionals in Aggregate Safety Assessment Planning and Ongoing Aggregate Safety Evaluations.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Assist manager with the training, development, and performance management for staff within medical coding.
- Assign tasks and responsibilities among coding team members, in a manner that optimizes team capability; delivers timely and accurate results; and supports the needs of the business.
- Serve as the technical leader or subject matter expert on all coding aspects of projects including start-up, maintenance, and completion activities.
- Assist with the identification and implementation of solutions to project data management coding issues and concerns, including proactive prevention strategies based on metrics and forecasts.
- Interact and collaborate with other project and specialty team members (clinical, programming, statistics, and data management) to support the set-up, maintenance, and closure of the data management aspects of the project to ensure consistent, cohesive data handling and quality of coded clinical data.
- Assist in development and implementation of global SOPs and work instructions within functional area; liaise with other disciplines in the development of SOPs that impact functional area.
- Participate in the identification of areas for process and efficiency improvement and implement solutions on assigned projects and maintain technical competencies via participation in internal and external training seminars.
- Assist in completing dictionary up versioning tasks, dictionary loading and verification of standard dictionaries and client dictionaries are performed as necessary in a timely manner.
- BS degree in science, technology, engineering or math.
- Ten years medical coding experience on clinical trial data for pharma, biotech, or CRO companies.
- At least 1 year of experience working on data collected from vaccine clinical trials.
- At least 2 years in a lead role for medical coding activities in a pharma, biotech, or CRO company.
- Good verbal and written communication skills, detail orientated, able to work comfortably with tight deadlines.
Novavax offers a base salary, annual bonus, equity grants, professional career development/growth opportunities, and a comprehensive benefits package including medical, dental, vision, Rx, STD, LTD, Life, Optional Life, 401(k) plan.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Veterans/Disabled
Novavax is an equal employment opportunity employer. Employment and advancement opportunities are available to all individuals on an at-will basis, regardless of their race, color, national origin, religion, ancestry, citizenship status, military or veteran status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, marital status, family responsibilities, pregnancy, disability, genetic information, protective hairstyle, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law.
Except where prohibited by applicable state law, this position requires that you be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 unless you need a reasonable accommodation or qualify for an exemption.
- Category : Babysitting & Nannies
- Company Name : Novavax
- Salary : $1.00