The Social Media Campaign Management Specialist will report to the Digital Marketing Content Specialist. The position provides writing and content development across social media platforms for NC State Online and Distance Education. This position operates within a collaborative team-oriented environment, specifically working with the marketing team, graphic and web designers and developers, project coordinators and other university personnel in pursuit of essential duties and responsibilities. Must be able to work collaboratively in a team environment as well as independently.
– Creates engaging and meaningful social media content for NC State Online and Distance Education’s channels including Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
– Manages a social media content calendar to plan and draft posts. Schedules posts in Hootsuite.
– Creates a monthly social media analytics report to share relevant metrics such as engagement, audience trends and top posts with the marketing and communications team.
– Writes articles for the Online and Distance Education News which includes interviewing, writing, editing and publishing. Works proactively to discover and develop story ideas.
– Contributes writing and editing support for marketing materials and website content.
– Works closely with the marketing and communications team on a variety of initiatives and projects to support NC State Online and Distance Education programs.
– Provides general marketing and communications support as needed.
Is Time Limited No
If Yes, Appointment Length
Job City & State Raleigh, NC
Classification Title Temporary
Working Title UTS – Temporary Social Media Campaign Management Specialist at NC State
Work Schedule 25-29 hours a week (at least 3 days a week)
Collaborates with other social media specialists across campus to share and repurpose content.
Serves in place of the digital marketing content specialist in meetings as needed.
Bachelor’s degree in Communication, Media, English or related field; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
Department Required Skills
Relevant experience developing social media content for platforms such as Facebook, Twitter, Instagram and LinkedIn.
Excellent time management skills and ability to establish priorities and meet deadlines.
Strong verbal and written communication skills.
Ability to work independently and collaboratively with marketing and communication staff.
Preferred Years Experience, Skills, Training, Education
Experience interviewing, writing and editing articles and profile stories adhering to AP Style.
Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Hootsuite Analytics and in-platform analytics properties to monitor and evaluate NC State Online and Distance Education’s social channel performance.
Knowledge of project management principles and methodologies.
Social media reporting experience.
Required License or Certification
Valid NC Driver’s License required? No
Commercial Driver’s License Required? No
Anticipated Hiring Range $20-$22 per hour, DOE
Job Open Date 09/22/2021
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or firstname.lastname@example.org. Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.
- Category : Information Technology & Telecom
- Salary : $20.00-22.00 per hour
- Valid Through : 2021-10-13 12:00:00
- Company Name : North Carolina State University