XPO is a top ten global provider of transportation services, with a highly integrated network of people, technology and physical assets. At XPO Logistics, we look for employees who like a challenge and can communicate effectively in all situations. We want to leverage your skills and years of experience to drive positive results while ensuring a bright future for yourself and XPO. If youï¿½re looking for a growth opportunity, join us at XPO.ï¿½
Pay, benefits and more.
- $8,000 in bonuses available
- Pay starts at $24.47/hour
- Full health insurance on day one
- Life and disability insurance
- Earn up to 13 days PTO over the course of your first year
- 9 paid company holidays
- 401(k) option with company match
- Employee stock purchase plan
- Education assistance
What youï¿½ll do on a typical day:
- Safely operate a tractor-trailer combination, including doubles and triples
- Provide excellent service to customers, including generating sales leads
- Load and unload freight using a forklift as needed (touch freight)
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, youï¿½ll need:
- To be 21 years of age or older
- Valid Class A commercial driver’s license
- Safe driving record and history
- Hazardous materials endorsement must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Doubles/triples endorsement must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- Tank vehicle endorsement (tanker drivers) must be obtained within 90 days of employment
- To pass a DOT drug test and have no prior positive tests or refusals in the last 3 years
- To pass a company-paid DOT physical and pre-hire test (physical essential functions)
- Availability to work a flexible schedule thatï¿½s up to 12-14 hours in a day, including day, night and weekend shifts
Itï¿½d be great if you also have:
- Forklift experience
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally); move and position a converter dolly with an average weight/pull force of approximately 128 lbs.
- Safely climb in/out of a tractor cab/trailer
- Sit for extended periods of time in a truck tractor and/or on a forklift; safely operate heavy equipment and a forklift
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on various surfaces that may be uneven or slippery (including working outdoors in inclement weather)
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Operate a tractor-trailer combination up to 11 consecutive hours, in all types of weather, while safely transporting hazardous/non-hazardous materials
Be part of something big.
Donï¿½t have your CDL-A yet? Learn more about our Driver School
Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect will receive a $2,000ï¿½sign-on bonus, subject to repayment if the employee voluntarily terminates their employment with XPO Logistics within the first 6 months. Bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply.ï¿½Current XPO employees are not eligible for sign-on bonuses
A $3,000ï¿½retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of continuous employment with XPO Logistics in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 12 months of continuous employment in their current qualified position will receive another $3,000ï¿½bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply. Current XPO employees are not eligible for retention bonuses.
XPO is a leading provider of world-class solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team ï¿½ energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
XPO adheres to CDC, OSHA and state and local requirements regarding COVID safety. All employees and visitors are expected to comply with XPO policies which are in place to safeguard our employees and customers.
All applicants who receive a conditional offer of employment may be required to take and pass a pre-employment drug test.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed. Review XPO’s candidate privacy statement ï¿½ PandoLogic. Category: Transportation, Keywords: Truck Driver0 – 0Full-Time
- Category : Transportation
- Salary : $24.47 hr
- Valid Through : 2022-03-31 12:00:00
- Company Name : XPO Logistics