- Job Description
What if you could use your software engineering talents to build a product that impacts the way communities, hospitals, homes, sports stadiums, and schools across the world are built? Construction impacts the lives of nearly everyone in the world, and yet it’s also one of the world’s least digitized industries, not to mention one of the most dangerous. That’s why we’re looking for a talented Senior Front-end Engineer to join Procore’s journey to revolutionize a historically underserved industry.
A Building Information Modeling (BIM) model is one of the most data-rich files in any construction project. On the Procore BIM Team, our mission is to break down silos and put the power of BIM into the hands of everyone in construction with simple and intuitive tools. As a Senior Front-end Engineer on the BIM team, you will work with talented, industry-experience product owners and designers on projects that unlock the potential of these models. You’ll join our highly collaborative Product and Engineering organization to drive the technical direction of our projects. You’ll establish standards for development teams and lead initiatives in partnership with Product, Quality Assurance, User Experience, and other internal groups. The tools you create will enable our users to envision construction projects before they are built, collaborate on designs, and leverage model data to reduce waste, increase efficiencies, and improve the lives of everyone in construction.
This role will report to an Engineering Manager and has the opportunity to work remotely from Austin, TX. We’re looking for someone in Austin, TX to join us immediately.
What you’ll do:
- Leverage a customer-centric approach to lead architectural design decisions that improve scalability and performance for users
- Write a highly performant code that minimizes payload size and deferred scripts while consuming the lowest possible amount of browser resources
- Create, maintain, and contribute to a custom framework and component library built in React
- Write high-quality code in a Test Driven Development environment (Jest, react-testing-library, enzyme, cypress)
- Develop fellow teammates by conducting code reviews, providing mentorship, pairing, and training opportunities
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ YOE in Object Oriented Design, Functional Programming, TDD, or Design principles
- Proven experience with web tooling like Webpack, Jest, NPM, Typescript, etc.
- Experience working with asynchronous requests in large-scale applications
- Ability to work with and develop RESTful APIs
- Experience leading large initiatives with the ability to course-correct as needed
- Proven expertise in modern web development, including development, testing, staging, deploying, and monitoring
- Professional experience using BIM software (e.g., Revit, Navisworks) is preferred
- Professional experience with BIM/VDC workflows and coordination is also a plus
Base Pay Range $118,400-$162,800 Procore is committed to offering competitive, fair, and commensurate compensation, and has provided an estimated pay range for this role. Actual compensation will be based on a candidate’s job-related skills, experience, education or training, and location.
Procore Technologies is building the software that builds the world. We provide cloud-based construction management software that helps clients more efficiently build skyscrapers, hospitals, retail centers, airports, housing complexes, and more. At Procore, we have worked hard to create and maintain a culture where you can own your work and are encouraged and given resources to try new ideas. Check us out on to see what others are saying about working at Procore.
We are an equal-opportunity employer and welcome builders of all backgrounds. We thrive in a diverse, dynamic, and inclusive environment. We do not tolerate discrimination against employees on the basis of age, color, disability, gender, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law.
If you’d like to stay in touch and be the first to hear about new roles at Procore, join our .
- Category : Information Technology & Telecom
- Salary : $118,400-162,800 per year
- Company Name : Senior Software Engineer, Front-End