Landpoint is seeking a Project Survey Manager – RPLS to join our team in the Houston, TX area. This person will manage the land survey operations and oversee the survey work performed, primarily in the Central Texas region. This is a great opportunity for a survey manager who enjoys managing and motivating survey staff, cultivating client relationships, and ensuring quality survey projects are delivered.
- Perform business development activities, proposal preparation, project management, and final quality control for all survey deliverables
- Manage surveying department staff and schedules
- Responsible for survey calculations, analysis and final map checking, review of title data, record drawings research, and client relations
- Monitor projects from initiation through delivery, interfacing with clients and staff on technical matters
- Write descriptions of property boundary surveys for use in deeds, leases or other legal documents
- Work within defined project scopes and budgets. Manage deadlines and prioritize assignments
- Collaborate with project team members, to include other licensed surveyors, engineers, and technical and survey staff
- Coordinate activities of field crews, including providing job assignments, information, direction and daily checking of work product
- Review and process the results of field surveys, including the shape, contour, location, elevation and dimensions of land features and structures
- Verify the accuracy of field survey data, including measurements and calculations conducted at survey sites
- Licensed Land Surveyor required (or a license in another state with ability to obtain TX license at next exam)
- 10+ years of relevant land survey experience, including field staff management experience
- 10+ years of operational land experience
- Knowledge of surveying principles, regulations, techniques and procedures
- Familiarity with all phases of survey including boundaries, topographic, platting, construction stakeout, etc.
- Working knowledge of field instrumentation Trimble, GPS, and robotic total stations.
- Intermediate knowledge of relevant technical software, including Civil 3D / Microstation
- Proficient in Microsoft Outlook, Word and Excel
- Effective written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrate complete understanding of project requirements, including budget, regulatory requirements, and project submittal
- Excellent cooperative skills in working efficiently with a team, assisting with the training of survey personnel, coordination of field work, and leading others in accomplishing work activities
About Landpoint, LLC:
Our people work on some of the most challenging and high profile projects in the area. Working at Landpoint will provide you with the opportunity to collaborate with a diverse workforce of extremely talented professionals, many of whom are at the top of their fields, on projects that impact our world for the better.
As one of the area’s largest land surveying and geospatial firms, we offer employees countless job opportunities and career paths. Our success depends on attracting the best talent and continuously striving to improve what we do and how we do it.
We are dedicated to providing our people with the support they need to do outstanding work. From our competitive benefits program to a Health and Safety program whose goal is zero workplace injuries, we provide the support you need to excel at your job. There are no barriers to where your talent can lead you.
Equal Opportunity Employer, Disability/Veteran
- Category : Administrative
- Salary : $1.00
- Valid Through : 2021-10-20 12:00:00
- Company Name : Landpoint