At Houston Methodist, the Senior Project Manager position is responsible for initiating, defining and managing very high-profile projects of considerable complexity. This position sets the strategic direction for the assigned area of responsibility, ensuring completion of projects related to quality processes, systems linkages, documentation, reporting, metrics and review. The Senior Project Manager position has full project life cyle ownership; leading, coordinating, and completing projects from planning and design implementation to measurement and maintenance of desired outcomes with minimal supervision, developing meaningful reports to support business activities, and communicating professionally and persuasively verbally and in writing. This position monitors milestones and identification of potential barriers, providing innovation recommendations and solutions to assure successful execution and stabilization of process. The Senior Project Manager position regularly provides and disseminates project analysis, assignment, timelines and progress reports to leadership, as appropriate.
PRIMARY JOB RESPONSIBILITIES
Job responsibilities labeled EF capture those duties that are essential functions of the job.
PEOPLE – 20% * Establishes and maintains clear and concise communication, leading and initiating problem resolution related to the project scope. Identifies needs and constraints of project scope and status availability. Facilitates communication, managing stakeholder(s) expectations. (EF)
- Executes project requests from customers and department leadership. Serves as an effective liaison between multiple client groups and stakeholders across various levels of management. (EF)
- Works creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment fostering teamwork, innovation and excellence. Actively leads and participates in meetings and provides meaningful contributions that drive decision-making and clearly identifies next steps. (EF)
SERVICE – 25% * Responsible for directing, developing, and implementing operational projects as assigned. Develops and manages project team and scope, goals and critical success factors, effectively communicating progress and delivering timely project outputs. (EF)
- Works in collaboration with leader to drive project to successful outcomes, serving in an advisory capacity for complex business decisions by identifying needs, making assessments and problem solving. (EF)
- Works with leadership teams across multiple departments to identify priorities and achieve organizational alignment across various projects. (EF)
- Actively participates in internal quality-improvement teams, proactively driving quality-improvement initiatives to ensure the best possible delivery of service, quality outcomes, and high customer satisfaction, as appropriate. (EF)
QUALITY/SAFETY – 25% * Develops and presents communications that may be distributed to entity, business cases/analysis, reports and presentations with compelling data for leadership review, as appropriate. (EF)
- Analyzes, measures and drives project performance utilizing data gathering tools and methods needed for project requirements. Communicates and disseminates timely data analysis and findings to management and appropriate entities and/or identified committees. (EF)
- Develops and leads training strategies, education and communication related to projects across Houston Methodist and multiple departments, as appropriate. Provides feedback and metrics related to project training, as appropriate. (EF)
- Operationalizes strategic plans with timely execution of project deliverables. Tracks the status and coordinates deadlines of all projects, identifying potential barriers to project progression and implementing solutions/resolutions. Utilizes a variety of software applications to create/compose both non-routine and sensitive senior management level communications and reports. (EF)
FINANCE – 15% * Utilizes efficient and cost-effective work practices with department resources and supplies; provides recommendations to reduce expenses. Completes timely and accurate expense reports as determined by leadership, as applicable. (EF)
- Prepares estimates and detailed project plan for all phases of the project. Provides support to aid in complex financial decision making related to project scope, as appropriate. (EF)
GROWTH/INNOVATION – 15% * Analyzes and assesses present and future needs, trends, challenges, and opportunities. Participates in strategic planning for department. Generates and communicates new ideas and suggestions that improve quality or service. (EF)
- Supports hospital and department goals and offers innovative solutions through participation in department projects to improve the efficiency and effectiveness of current practices. Completes and updates the individual development plan (IDP) on an on-going basis. Ensures own career discussions occur with appropriate management. (EF)
This job description is not intended to be all inclusive; the employee will also perform other reasonably related business/job duties as assigned. Houston Methodist reserves the right to revise job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Five years experience in a related discipline, managing multiple projects of a complex nature for a significant duration. May consider HM employee with four years experience with demonstrated progressive responsibility.
- Master’s degree combined with HM Fellow satisfies all experience requirements
- Category : Marketing-Advertising
- Salary : $1.00
- Company Name : Houston Methodist