JOB SUMMARY Directs health services unit in hotels. Contributes to all areas of professional Occupational Health nursing including : clinical care, case management, workplace safety, health promotion and disease prevention, and benefit administration.
Serves as an advisor on the accident prevention committee. Manages workers’ compensation cases and assists in accident investigations.
CANDIDATE PROFILE Education and Experience
– Minimum five years’ experience as an occupational health nurse in an autonomous setting.
– In-depth knowledge and recent experience in the following areas : Worker’s compensation state regulations and case management, primary clinical care, state and federal health and safety regulations, local community resources for health care, safety awareness and prevention activities, health promotion program implementation, administration of benefits for health related functions (FMLA, ADA, STD, LTD, EAP, ARL), maintaining a medical records system, and budget responsibilities.
– Licensed Registered Nurse in state of hire
– Maintains continuing educational credits according to state licensure requirements Preferred :
– Bachelor’s Degree in nursing or related field strongly preferred
– Certified Occupational Health Nurse certification preferred (or certification in related field) CORE WORK ACTIVITIES Clinical Practice (Injury / Illness Treatment)
– Functions within the scope of the State Nurse Practice Act to plan, implement & evaluate care for occupational and / or non-occupational injuries & illnesses
– Delivers culturally appropriate care
– Identifies and evaluates the availability of healthcare resources, benefit options & disability related resources
– Maintains an accurate and complete record keeping system
– Identifies & utilizes clinical protocols and practice guidelines
– Maintains clinical oversight relationship with local medical doctor Case Management (Occupational)
– Conducts a thorough and objective assessment of the associate’s current status and case management needs
– Implements case management to ensure that appropriate treatment is provided in a quality, cost-efficient manner
– Engages in multi-disciplinary consultation on complex cases
– Communicates status and plan to others involved in case, partnering with Marriott Claims Services in claim administration
– Implements early return to work and transitional duty programs
– Uses iVOS effectively for communication with claims team
– Functions within the Standards of Practice for Case Management Workplace Health and Safety Issues
– Contributes to regulatory compliance regarding worksite health and safety including maintenance of appropriate documentation
– Reviews accident reports, OSHA Logs, Safety Inspections, Exposure Monitoring Reports, and data from Job Safety Analysis to perform risk assessments
– Serves as an active participant on the Health and / or Safety Committee
– Partners with Global Safety and Security leadership Comprehensive Management of Associate Health (Benefits, Disabilities and Budgetary Concerns)
– Contributes to the development of the budget for associate health services
– Acts as a liaison with benefit plans, health care providers, and managed care organizations and works in collaboration with Human Resources regarding disability management Health Promotions and Disease Prevention
– Plans, develops, and implements health promotion programs using various teaching methods, health fairs, seminars, newsletters, contests, etc.
– Always provides culturally appropriate care and programs, addressing cultural norms and literacy concerns
– Evaluates the effectiveness of the health promotion programs and constantly strives for improvement Professionalism
– Develops a plan for maintaining and expanding knowledge in Nursing Practice and Occupational Health
– Obtains academic qualifications and certifications commensurate with job
– Maintains current state based licensure requirements
– Utilizes a variety of resources to maintain professional expertise
– Monitors laws and regulations affecting practice
– Maintains professional behavior guided by laws, regulations, practice stands, and ethical codes
– Maintains confidentiality of health information and records in accordance with professional codes, laws, and regulations
– Uses AAOHN Code of Ethics to guide practice
– Communicates in a professional manner
– Prepares reports of activities at least quarterly and submits to Area Director and Director of Occupational Health Services
– Maintains current membership(s) in relevant professional organization
– Acts as a role model for other occupational health professionals Marriott International is an equal opportunity employer.
We believe in hiring a diverse workforce and sustaining an inclusive, people-first culture. We are committed to non-discrimination on any protected basis, such as disability and veteran status, or any other basis covered under applicable law.
- Category : Medical & Healthcare
- Salary : $1.00
- Company Name : Marriott