You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
Welcome to one of the toughest and most fulfilling ways to help people, including yourself. We offer the latest tools, most intensive training program in the industry and nearly limitless opportunities for advancement. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.SM
Responsibilities of the Sales Operations Representative include the creation, analyzing and updating of Excel spreadsheets and contracting licensed Sales Agents with the appropriate insurance carriers. This role acts as the liaison between the Sales Agents and the Sales Manager to ensure critical updates and all required communications are distributed to these partners. Additional responsibilities include scheduling meetings, answering telephones and processing expense reimbursements. Duties include working closely with sales and other functional leaders to develop and maintain the operational infrastructure supporting sales and sales leadership.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy.
- Process 51 – 100 quote requests as assigned in the inventory tracking system
- Review documents and market reference tools to create a 51 – 100 Fully Insured and / or Self – funded quotes
- Work with internal and external contacts to gather missing information and clarify data that was submitted
- Use appropriate quoting system to process quotes for 51 – 100 Non – Community rated business and All Savers quotes, as required by markets
- Work with Underwriting and Underwriting tools to provide underwritten rates
- Manage Specialty Rate Bank, as required
- Process 51 – 100 Sold Case Submissions, as assigned in inventory system using outlined policies and procedures on OneNote, to follow market nuances
- Work closely with AE, Broker, and Case Installation team to get a case through contract issuance
- Manage data, including a personal email box and shared folders
- Work in multiple applications including Microsoft Excel, Solaris, VRT, Word, WITT and pricing tools
- Work within required timelines and expectations
- Adherence to productivity metrics
- Flexibility to work other operational roles during certain times of the year
- Multi-task many responsibilities, that may or may not be related, through thoughtful prioritization and documentation
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel and Microsoft Outlook (ability to filter and sort through documents, spreadsheets, compose and respond to email)
- 1+ years of experience with healthcare Insurance experience or medical experience
- Experience using all Microsoft applications including Microsoft Visio, Microsoft SharePoint (ability to create a document and basic navigation through application)
- Experience working with Sales Operations teams in small businesses (1 – 100 employees)
- Effective interpersonal and communication skills, both written and verbal
- Energetic, self – motivated, and high commitment to drive to results in a challenging, fast – paced environment
- Diplomatic with strong negotiation and resolution skills
- Demonstrated ability to meet commitments, build consensus, negotiate resolutions, and garner respect from other teams and individuals
- Demonstrated ability to assist with focusing activities toward a strategic direction and achieve targets / goals
- Required to have a dedicated work area established that is separated from other living areas and provides information privacy
- Ability to keep all company sensitive documents secure (if applicable)
- Must live in a location that can receive a UnitedHealth Group approved high-speed internet connection or leverage an existing high-speed internet service
Military & Veterans find your next mission: We know your background and experience is different and we like that. UnitedHealth Group values the skills, experience and dedication that serving in the military demands. In fact, many of the values defined in the service mirror what the UnitedHealth Group culture holds true: Integrity, Compassion, Relationships, Innovation and Performance. Whether you are looking to transition from active duty to a civilian career, or are an experienced veteran or spouse, we want to help guide your career journey. Learn more at
Learn how Teresa, a Senior Quality Analyst, works with military veterans and ensures they receive the best benefits and experience possible.
Careers with UnitedHealthcare. Let’s talk about opportunity. Start with a Fortune 6 organization that’s serving more than 85 million people already and building the industry’s singular reputation for bold ideas and impeccable execution. Now, add your energy, your passion for excellence, your near-obsession with driving change for the better. Get the picture? UnitedHealthcare is serving employers and individuals, states and communities, military families and veterans where ever they’re found across the globe. We bring them the resources of an industry leader and a commitment to improve their lives that’s second to none. This is no small opportunity. It’s where you can do your life’s best work.SM
Colorado Residents Only: The hourly range for Colorado residents is $15.00 to $25.19. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity / Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: sales, quotes, insurance, operations, reimbursements, UnitedHealthcare, UHG, work at home, work from home, WAH, WFH, remote, telecommute, hiring immediately, #RPO
- Category : Customer Service
- Salary : $15.00-25.19 per hour
- Company Name : UnitedHealth Group