Texas Instruments Incorporated (TI) is a global semiconductor design and manufacturing company that develops analog ICs and embedded processors. By employing the world’s brightest minds, TI creates innovations that shape the future of technology. TI is helping about 100,000 customers transform the future, today. We’re committed to building a better future – from the responsible manufacturing of our semiconductors, to caring for our employees, to giving back inside our communities and developing great minds. Put your talent to work with us – change the world, love your job!
About the program
Be at the forefront of software architecture design and gain first-hand exposure to application development through TI’s Embedded Processing Software Rotation Program. The program combines software application and software development to provide a foundational software experience across an 18-month period, accelerating the development for new college graduates.
Spend your first year as part of a software design team where you’ll learn the essentials of embedded systems design techniques, including foundational software development process¬es, the software development life-cycle and software development tools. You will gain knowledge of the following:
- Foundational software development processes and life-cycle
- Embedded software tools including industry best practices
- Essentials for real-time embedded systems design and techniques to write and debug code
- TI device architecture
- Software IP licensing and Open Source
- Software Development Kits (SDKs)
You will work with external customers during a second, six-month rotation, and develop application demos while you build relationships with developers, other designers and the sales team, as well as:
- Gain familiarity with EP software and hardware products
- Build relationships with designers, developers and the sales organization
- Develop and deploy training collateral, documentation, application demos and examples
- Learn external customer engagement (DIN, DWIN) lifecycle
- Direct customer support
As a Software Engineer in TI’s Linux Core Product Development team, you’ll become a key contributor to the development of our Linux based SDK. Your skills will be used to design and develop Linux kernel device drivers, core device management like clocks, interrupts, power modes, firmware, and user space stacks. You will be actively involved in new device spec reviews, pre-silicon checkout, and device wakeup. Put your ingenuity to work to deliver first class Linux support on our advanced SoCs and be a part of building something new. You’ll work closely with product lines, including TI’s marketing, systems and applications engineering teams, to collaborate and solve business problems.
Qualifications – External
- Minimum BS degree in Electrical Engineering, Electrical and Computer Engineering, Computer Engineering, Applied Computing & Systems, Computer Science or related field
- Minimum Cumulative 3.0/4.0 GPA
- C, C++, and Python programming skills
- Experience with Embedded Programming
- Solid understanding of software engineering processes and the full software development lifecycle
- Comfortable working in Linux environment
- Familiarity with the Linux kernel, and ability to write and debug Linux device drivers
- Demonstrated strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in teams and collaborate effectively with people in different functions
- Strong time management skills that enable on-time project delivery
- Demonstrated ability to build strong, influential relationships
- Ability to work effectively in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Ability to take the initiative and drive for results
Texas Instruments will not sponsor job applicants for visas or work authorization for this position.
To be considered for this position, please apply.
Texas Instruments is an equal opportunity employer and supports a diverse, inclusive work environment. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, disability, genetic information, national origin, gender, gender identity and expression, age, sexual orientation, marital status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local laws.
If you are interested in this position, please apply to this requisition.
- Category : Information Technology & Telecom
- Salary : $1.00
- Company Name : Texas Instruments