Combine two of the fastest-growing fields on the planet with a culture of performance, collaboration and opportunity and this is what you get. Leading edge technology in an industry that’s improving the lives of millions. Here, innovation isn’t about another gadget, it’s about making health care data available wherever and whenever people need it, safely and reliably. There’s no room for error. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to work remotely* from anywhere within the U.S. as you take on some tough challenges.
- Research, evaluate, identify alternative approaches to support development needs
- Recommend, design, technically architect and enable effective solutions for challenging problems for medium to large work efforts of medium to high complexity implementation topologies
- Comply with standards and guidelines related to the design, construction, testing, and deployment activities within the Delivery Management environments
- Provide Big Data Hadoop infrastructure support, monitoring, installation
- Implement Infrastructure designs, capacity planning, and performance tuning for Big Data , MapR Hadoop technologies
- Demonstrate collaborative skills working within a project team of diverse skills
- Bring solid communication skills including oral, written and presentation skills plus creativity, and problem solving skills to a challenging environment
- Act as a Lead with one or more developers matrixed for the completion of the project
- Provide guidance and direction to less-seasoned staff
- Evaluate and understand a variety of system/infrastructure deployment techniques, with the ability to create process flow diagrams and the ability optimize data flow infrastructure optimization
- Troubleshoot, understand performance issues and perform application tuning to meet application SLA’s
- Solid experience of operating in a quickly changing environment and driving technological innovation to meet business requirement
- Implement application security policies, standards and procedures to secure and protect data residing on systems and availability of production systems to meet application SLA’s
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- 6+ years of experience in Big Data Hadoop infrastructure support, monitoring, installing, design and Talend administration
- 6+ years of experience with Ansible, Unix/Linux Shell Scripting, Administration, Unix/Linux system monitoring tools and technologies
- Experience in Infrastructure planning, design, capacity planning, security, monitoring, performance tuning and forecasting
- Experience with Big Data technologies like Hive, Hbase, MapReduce, Spark, Scala, Sqoop, Pig, Apache Drill, Oozie
- Experience in ElasticSearch, Kibana, Kafka environments implementation topologies, installation, configuration
- Experience in NoSQL implementation, Configuration, Administration (MongoDB, and Cassandra)
- Experience working in Agile methodology, GIT and CI/CD
- Understanding of ML Technologies (Python, Jupyter , R, Spark etc)
- Experience in Big Data MapR Hadoop distribution. Exposure to Open Source technologies
- Linux/Unix Administration, Multiple programming languages (Java, Shell script) and SQL experience
- Experience with Automation using Ansible, Python
- Clinical domain experience
- UnitedHealth Group experience
- Knowledge of Big Data – MapR Hadoop distribution and Database technologies (MySQL, DB2,Teradata)
To protect the health and safety of our workforce, patients and communities we serve, UnitedHealth Group and its affiliate companies require all employees to disclose COVID-19 vaccination status prior to beginning employment. In addition, some roles and locations require full COVID-19 vaccination, including boosters, as an essential job function. UnitedHealth Group adheres to all federal, state and local COVID-19 vaccination regulations as well as all client COVID-19 vaccination requirements and will obtain the necessary information from candidates prior to employment to ensure compliance. Candidates must be able to perform all essential job functions with or without reasonable accommodation. Failure to meet the vaccination requirement may result in rescission of an employment offer or termination of employment
Technology Careers with Optum. Information and technology have amazing power to transform the health care industry and improve people’s lives. This is where it’s happening. This is where you’ll help solve the problems that have never been solved. We’re freeing information so it can be used safely and securely wherever it’s needed. We’re creating the very best ideas that can most easily be put into action to help our clients improve the quality of care and lower costs for millions. This is where the best and the brightest work together to make positive change a reality. This is the place to do your life’s best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $97,300 to $176,900. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $97,300 to $176,900. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
*All employees working remotely will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug – free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
- Category : Information Technology & Telecom
- Salary : $97,300-176,900 per year
- Company Name : UnitedHealth Group