Note: By applying to this position you will have an opportunity to share your preferred working location from the following: Austin, TX, USA; Atlanta, GA, USA; Boulder, CO, USA; Chicago, IL, USA; Addison, TX, USA; Reston, VA, USA; Seattle, WA, USA.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, related technical field, or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience with data processing software (e.g., Hadoop, Spark, Pig, Hive) and algorithms (e.g., MapReduce, Flume).
- Experience managing client-facing projects, troubleshooting technical issues, working with Engineering, Sales, Services, and customers.
- Experience working with data warehouses, including data warehouse technical architectures, infrastructure components, ETL/ELT, and reporting/analytic tools and environments.
- Experience in technical consulting.
- Experience working with Big Data, information retrieval, data mining, or machine learning.
- Experience in building multi-tier high availability applications with modern web technologies (e.g., NoSQL, MongoDB, SparkML, TensorFlow).
- Experience architecting, developing software, or internet scale production-grade Big Data solutions in virtualized environments.
About the job
The Google Cloud Platform team helps customers transform and evolve their business through the use of Google’s global network, web-scale data centers, and software infrastructure. As part of an entrepreneurial team in this rapidly growing business, you will help shape the future of businesses of all sizes using technology to connect with customers, employees, and partners.
As a Data Engineer, you’ll guide customers on how to ingest, store, process, analyze, and explore/visualize data on the Google Cloud Platform. You will work on data migrations and transformational projects, and with customers to design large-scale data processing systems, develop data pipelines optimized for scaling, and troubleshoot potential platform challenges. In this role, you will be working with Google’s strategic Cloud customers, and with the team you will support customer implementation of Google Cloud products.
Google Cloud accelerates organizations’ ability to digitally transform their business with the best infrastructure, platform, industry solutions and expertise. We deliver enterprise-grade solutions that leverage Google’s cutting-edge technology – all on the cleanest cloud in the industry. Customers in more than 200 countries and territories turn to Google Cloud as their trusted partner to enable growth and solve their most critical business problems.
The US base salary range for this full-time position is $87,000-$131,000 + bonus + equity + benefits. Our salary ranges are determined by role, level, and location. The range displayed on each job posting reflects the minimum and maximum target for new hire salaries for the position across all US locations. Within the range, individual pay is determined by work location and additional factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training. Your recruiter can share more about the specific salary range for your preferred location during the hiring process.
Please note that the compensation details listed in US role postings reflect the base salary only, and do not include bonus, equity, or benefits. Learn more about .
- Act as a trusted technical advisor to customers and solve complex Big Data challenges.
- Create and deliver best practices recommendations, tutorials, blog articles, sample code, and technical presentations adapting to different levels of key business and technical stakeholders.
- Communicate effectively via video conferencing for meetings, technical reviews, and onsite delivery activities.
- Travel 30% of the time as necessary.
Google is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with legal requirements. See also and If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know by completing our .
- Category : Information Technology & Telecom
- Salary : $87,000-131,000 per year
- Company Name : Google