As a member of our on-site management team, the Bookkeeper is primarily responsible for rent collection and the maintenance of resident ledgers. By sustaining a low delinquency, the Bookkeeper will maintain control of the rent collection process and ensure success of the management team and the community. Experience working with Yardi is required.
RESPONSIBILITIES (Including but not limited to):
- Manage the collection of rents and deposits from residents.
- Maintain resident ledgers to ensure correct balances.
- Minimize delinquency through consistent follow-up, including phone calls, notices, and personal visits.
- Issue notices to residents for late or non-payment, evictions, returned memos, etc.
- Process all move-outs and evictions.
- Provide general clerical assistance to the community office including but not limited to answering phones, taking messages, and filing.
- Maintain a strong knowledge of the overall community and assist with tours and other cross-position tasks as needed and as assigned.
- Take Cardinal U classes as assigned.
- 3-5 years of relevant industry experience.
- Experience working with Yardi required.
- Property management experience is preferred.
- Previous accounting and/or bookkeeping experience.
- Excellent customer service skills and strong attention to detail.
- High school diploma or GED equivalent is required, a Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- Must be able to work weekends and work on call.
- Ability to champion the Cardinal Culture and Core Values every day.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those a Team Member encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Incumbents operate in an office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers and filing cabinets.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by a Team Member to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the Team Member is regularly required to use hands to finger, type, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The Team Member is frequently required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms, and stoop, or squat. The Team Member is often required to sit. The Team Member must be able to push, pull, lift, carry, or maneuver office products and supplies of up to twenty (20) pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Rare local travel may be required to assist properties as needed, attend training classes, business meetings, or other situations necessary for the accomplishment of some or all of the daily responsibilities of this position.
The above job description is not intended to be an all-inclusive list of duties and standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions, and perform any other related duties, as assigned by their Team Leader.
Behaviors : Detail Oriented: Capable of carrying out a given task with all details necessary to get the task done well
Team Player: Works well as a member of a group
Enthusiastic: Shows intense and eager enjoyment and interest
Motivation : Financial: Inspired to perform well by monetary reimbursement
Self-Starter: Inspired to perform without outside help
- Category : Administrative
- Salary : $1.00
- Valid Through : 2021-10-13 12:00:00
- Company Name : Cardinal Group